Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Very small makeover

When I moved into our home it was me and the girls, 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2 family rooms, game room and more space than we knew what to do with. That was 7 years ago. Moving forward in time, we added a man to the house, the kids grew, their junk takes more room, the man needed a cave, on and on. My point is I started out with a whole basement and office area to myself and now I have a closet.. the coat closet in the main hallway. The person who does all the planning, the crafts, the volunteering, gets a closet filled with coats. I couldn't take it any more, I had to request.. nay.. demand a space of my own! While at Ikea the other day I found a shelving unit that would fit in the space and live happily with my scrap bag.. hark.. life is good! For less than $30, the space is mine (well there are 2 coats, but those will come out as soon as it snows). I am happy, I am organized and feeling very functional.. yippee for me!

No comments: