Friday, March 14, 2008
I am always looking for great ways to say thank you. As President of our PTA I have a few people I wanted to do a special thanks for jobs they have endured all year long. I ordered a custom made Visa gift card for my daughter for her birthday and used a photo I had, and while brainstorming with myself (yes I do that a lot) I got the idea of creating an image to go on the cards myself.. So there it was. 2 hours later I made something I liked and ordered the cards. I think they turned out fantastic! I can't wait till April to pass them out. (yes, I do a lot of pre-planning!)
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Hi. I still exist. Really. I know I've been MIA for quite some time. But really - when life is upside down and you have a demon-toddler to raise, who has time for cutesy, fun, crafty things? Well, not me. I'm working on that. So digging way back from well before Christmas, I figured I'd start maybe sharing a few of the things I have done. These are clothes pins I made as gifts. Way easy. Way cute. I didn't want to give them away. And someday, whenever I get off my lazy butt and get my etsy store up and running, they will be available for purchase (well, not these exact ones, obviously, but I think you get the picture). They're so much fun to make, I'm sure to get carried away and have way too many to be taken off my hands.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
We're hosting another swap. This time the theme is simply “brown.” Anything brown goes!
There are a few simple steps, "rules" if you will, to play along:
1. Send an email to withandwithout AT gmail DOT com, indicating you want to join this swap. Include:
Your blog address (if you have one)
A description of likes/dislikes to give your swap partner some direction
(This information will only be sent to your swap buddy)
2. Send the email no later than March 13. Swap partners will be assigned by March 15. You MUST ship your swap by April 5.
3. Swap items must fit in an average sized shoe box. We don’t want people going too crazy but want to have enough room to fit some cool loot.
4. This is a Brown swap. Everything you send needs to somehow tie in to the theme. It can certainly include additional colors but make sure overall the items have a “brown” vibe goin’!
5. Again, cut-off to sign up is March 13. Please send us an email before then.
6. Please read #2 again. It’s important you stick to the ship date to not ruin the fun for your swap partner.
7. Have fun!!Feel free to invite anyone you’d like. We don’t have a cut-off and would love to have as many participants as possible. We have created a Flickr group that we would love for you to join. This will enable us to share pictures of all the great things we receive through the swap and have discussions about the group.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email or leave a comment! We look forward to swapping with you!