Friday, June 29, 2007

Hair Bows


So on the baby theme today...

I made these hair bows as my first attempt at hair accessories. They're by no means perfect, or even something I really think will get used much- if at all. I made the cupcake one to go along with the theme for Madeleine's first birthday party. I made the other one for my sister's baby. Yes, it's huge. No, the pinks don't match perfectly. But, like I said, first attempt for someone who had no idea what she was actually doing. Maybe some day I'll give in and do them right. But for now, these will do. Madeleine's served its purpose prefectly. It was for the one day and it worked just fine. I figure from here, and with the one for Monica they'll be fine for silly dress up. They'll work as barrettes or clip to a headband to work that way as well. Now that I have a small idea what I'm doing, I'm collecting ribbon and planning on making lots and lots more. I am in no hurry yet... my kid doesn't have enough hair to use them yet!

No comments: